Friday, December 11, 2009

Best of 09 - Post Four

Hello everyone! I'm sorry for the absence, the sickness is gone, however I had to deal with a huge snow storm yesterday which wreaked havoc on my plans.

The snow is still here, and still falling but not in such large amounts. I do love living in the City of Snow (Buffalo) however, I don't like the wind that whips it into my face and forces me to fall over while carrying a luggage set out of JCPennys (long story)

Here is the Best of 09 post number four!

Question: December 11 The best place. A coffee shop? A pub? A retreat center? A cubicle? A nook?


My favorite place to be is the woods behind our apartment complex. Its heavily forested, with one main trail. I'm a nature person (to a degree) and when I walk through this patch of woods I feel kind of...in a moment. You see, I would watch movies and see these beautiful scenes and the characters in the movie having a "moment" with their surroundings. I've always longed for that, and I found it in a thick patch of forest behind an apartment complex haha.

My boyfriend and I usually go for a daily walk, and I see blue jays, cardinals, and yellow snow-song birds, as well as white tailed deer and a number of other creatures. I always allow myself a brief moment of appreciation for the view and the animals in it.

There is also a small creek (in the south you would call it a river, but up here its just a creek) that runs through the woods. I once saw a large harring fly along the creek in the woods, and it seemed like something out of a fairytale. We don't get harrings up here in Buffalo very much, so it was like a mythical bird out of a storybook.

Whats your favorite place?

Ciao
-Sean





0 comments: