Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Kelis - Acapella

I apologize for the lack of blogging. I recently got a second job, and its been kicking my ass. However, I shall make time for you readers.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you all remember that song "Milkshake" that was popular some odd years ago? You know the "My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, and they're like its better then yours" Well the lyrical master behind that song was Kelis. I've been an off and on fan of Kelis for some time. Some of her songs are amazing, and others..well not so much.

This song however is a winner. The song is titled Acapella and its like nothing Kelis has ever done before.

The song is a full on club-song. With its low-tempo singing, thrumming techno inspired base and "art" style video. I normally don't ever like techno music (I know I'm a horrid gay) but this song does have be addicted.
 I love the power behind the lyrics, and the video that accompanies it is truly spectacular.  Oh and FYI its has reached number one on the Billboard Top 40 Dance,

Give it a watch and let me know your thoughts:

-Sean

0 comments: