Friday, April 16, 2010

Save Knox Farm

Regardless of what town, state, providence, or country you live in you most likely have a park system close by. Here in my area of Buffalo, we have so many wonderful parks for the general public to enjoy.

My favorite by far is the Knox Farm state park, located in East Aurora, NY.  Its a former farm, that has been turned into a public park for all Western New York citizens to enjoy. There are live animals, huge ponds, and even a gorgeous estate to make you jealous as you take one of their many trails.

Unfortunantly due to the New Yorks budget crisis, it has been announced that they plan on closing Knox Farm (and numerous other parks across the state) in order to make up money in the budget.

This saddens me greatly, as the park is a true gem for the area. It has abudent wildlife, and caters to all types of nature lovers.

Even if you do not live in the area, I ask that you please go to SaveKnoxFarm.com. Help keep nature, nature.

Here are some photos I took yesterday while there for a walk with my boyfriend.



Thanks
-Sean

0 comments: