Monday, August 16, 2010

Summer

Hey Everyone,

   I apologize for the lack of blogging, summer is usually the busy time at my job so I'm rarely in front of my computer long enough to write out something.  This summer has been good, its been rather hot here in Buffalo, but then again we are called "the Miami of the North". Despite the heat I've been trying to travel as much as possible. My cousin and I recently went to my favorite winery; Bully Hill Winery.  It was fantastic, its in the finger lakes region of New York and its nestled on a hill near Keoka Lake.  I always find it relaxing to do day trips, I don't have to drive too far but I get the sense of being out of my usual habitat. Here is a picture of me at Bully Hill.

  This summer has also been the time of births. My sister in law gave birth to a girl, Cristina, and my sister is soon to give birth to her first son James Junior.  This of course means that I'll be baby sitting come Autumn and I'm actually looking forward to it.

Summer in Buffalo is usually a time of festivals, food, and gathering with friends for a few glasses of wine and my favirote beer (Blue Moon).  However, this summer I find myself more in tune with nature.  Rather then going to the many festivals in the area as I usually do I've been opting for hiking in the forests, swimming in random creeks, and bird watching. All of these with my boyfriend Lee. Its refreshing to spend time with him, and I'm always trying to plan our next great adventure. Here is a picture of him mid jump in Zoar Valley New York.
Speaking of adventures, I really had no idea the "hidden" gems in my home city.  A few weeks ago Lee and I took out the canoe to the outer harbor of Buffalo. The outer harbor was once the industrial core of the city, and you can still see the old layout of the many docks and ports that existed during Buffalo's hay day. We took the canoe to an unknown area outside of the harbor near a large crop of windmills. There we discovered a beautiful enclosed cove. It was gorgeous. The water was like bath water and only went up to your knee's all the way out to the break wall. Here is a few pictures of the harbor.




I hope you're all enjoying your summers as much as I am. I promise loads of posts in the future.

-Sean

0 comments: