Friday, May 16, 2008

Friday Drivers

Hey,

I apologize for not having written in a bit. I've been busy with work, and all the stress and exhaustion that comes along with work.


But on the long commute to work today, I started thinking about my personality, its defaults, its good qualities.


Now I'll be the first to say; I'm cynical, and sarcastic. Most people think they're about the same thing, but not for me.

On most days, when the sun is shinning and the birds are singing being sarcastic is bad.
On those gray days, where the rain is falling and everyone is swearing at their computers, or some other non-sensible expression of anger then my sarcasm is good.


I suppose its one of those traits that's in the gray area. Somewhere between hilarious, and infuriating.


As I was driving, I was thinking...Can I ever be a good person?


You may wonder what I consider I "good" person. Well, I think a good person is someone who cares about others problems, and is a solver of those problems.
Someone who considers every one's feelings, and tries there best to just be generally good and stable.

Me myself, I'm the middle person. I'm stuck somewhere between good and bad. And I don't mean bad, as in I break the law.


The last time I broke the law I think was when I jay walked home the other day. Besides for that, no criminal record.

What I mean by middle is this:

I care about a few people, and their problems. But if your just a co-worker, or someone I don't adhere much attachment too then I could care less.

I make fun of people I dislike, but get offended when other people make fun of the ones I'm close too.

Getting the drift? Middle.

But still, on that drive to work this morning, I'm wondering "Can I be a good person?"

I think yes, already after a few months of noticing some problems in my personality I can say there has been a dramatic change.

I try to be more caring, more sensitive to other people. Its hard though, I'm very independent and because of past experiences I'm always on the look out for what I call a "scam friend".

You know the type, pretends to like you to get something out of you.

Every one's gone through one at some point.

But none the less I'm trying. I think its mostly because of who I'm dating at the moment.

I want to be better for them. Which is something I've never felt before.

But eh, that's what I had on my mind.


Hope you semi-middle-in between enjoyed it.


Ciao
-Griffen


PS: I found this hilarious computer designed art piece by Mathias Pedersen.

Poor pluto.

0 comments: