Wednesday, December 10, 2008



Yeah, right.

I know the economic crises has everyone worried (though honestly, I have this feeling its not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Fear has a way of doing things like that). Enough so, that people are beginning to look at their own banks, just waiting for it to tank.

My mother and father in Florida use Wachovia (whom I sued because they allowed fraudulent charges onto my account, and then when I proved that it was not be that made the purchases they refused to take them off) have slowly begun to worry that the southern giant would go even more south. This is due in part to the Wachovia Corp looking for a buyer, which usually means trouble is brewing.

I however, have had Bank of America checking and saving accounts for some time now. I thought they were a pretty good bank, I got a cute hello kitty debit card, and even cuter checks to accompany it. However my opinion of this bank has changed dramatically over the past few weeks.

Firstly, this post is going to be a bitchy one, because I'm mad. Point blank. It all startd a few months ago when my super cute hello kitty debit card was stolen from my car. I found out it was missing the same day, and called the bank to cancel it. I got a pleasent customer service rep who informed me my card had been cancelled and they would be sending me a new one.

Fast foward two weeks.

I have my new card, everything is fine. Then, I noticed about 1300$ dollars worth of charges on my account. I called the bank to ask them "wtf?" I told them I did not authorize those charges, and I wanted them reversed, and I wanted to know how someone was charging to my account.

Apparently, the pleasent customer service girl never turned off the other card, allowing whom ever stole my debit card to have a nice shopping holiday.

They did really even apologize, just froze my account until the "investigation" was completed. Which by the way, I was informed could take up to 90 days.

About two weeks pass, and I get an alert from the bank in my e-mail telling me I'm -4,897 and some odd sense over drawn.

Once again, I called the bank. I got another happy customer service girl who informed me that they had updated their systems and their were some irregularoties with some accounts. I yelled, and I do mean yelled, at them to fix it.

The next day I check my online banking, and apparently I'm +4,897. I called them once more, and they informed me that they were still working on it.

At this point I had calmed down, I couldnt' even use my accounts because they were frozen so what was the point of complaining all day about it? Right.

Well, just this afternoon I check it and I'm at 0.000 balance. Which, yes is nice. But I had 450$ in their to begin with.

I called the bank once more, and apparently they are sending a check to reimburse me. Though I don't know how I'm going to cash it with my accounts frozen. Assholes.

So, needless to say. Bank of America sucks, it sucks hard.

I've opened up a new checking account at Citizens Bank, lets hope things work out better.

0 comments: