Saturday, December 5, 2009

Best of 2009 - Post Two


Hello everyone, I apologize. This post was suppose to go up yesterday but I'm having a bit of a cold right now and my energy levels are at their lowest.

Best of 2009 Post Two Question: "Book. What book - fiction or non - touched you? Where were you when you read it? Have you bought and given away multiple copies?"

My selection may be odd to some people. I'm not choosing to cover some sappy inspirational book, or some profound teachings. Instead, I'm choosing Stephen Kings - Desperation.

I'm choosing this title mainly because it was the first novel I ever read by myself. I started to read this book when I was six years old. I may have not fully understood everything, but I did manage to read it and finish it by myself.

You may be asking "6? You were allowed to read Stephen King at 6?" Well, when I was a child my mother use to read some Stephen King books to me. She would cut out all the bad stuff, and stick to the main story line.

I have to say this was a good thing for me, I have always had a very high IQ when it comes to my reading abilities. This book opened the world for me. After I finished it I wanted to read every Stephen King book, and I did.

Without me having picked this book up at such a young age, I'm sure I would have hated reading like most children do now.

Selection Two: Calvin & Hobbes

I love Calvin & Hobbes. I have ever since I was a child. I normally ready a few pages every night before I go to bed. Its my idea that reading something funny and light hearted before bed helps you sleep better.

Whats your book of choice?

-Sean

1 comments:

michelle said...

awww i was reading at an early age too, but no stephen for me :) i chose if you give a cat a cupcake as one of my best books of 09 lol. i just love everything about the book and the series :)

hope you start feeling better soon