Thursday, December 3, 2009

Blog 2009 Challenge. Post One


I'll be partaking in a little challenge known as the Best of 2009 (see button the side of the blog).

It goes like this: Each day your given a topic to discuss on your blog.

Todays topic is: Article. What's an article that you read that blew you away? That you shared with all your friends. That you Delicious'd and reference throughout the year.

I have to say no particular article has spoken to me over this year, though I did read one recently on Buffalonews.com.

The article was about the failure to pass the gay marriage act in my home state of New York. It wasn't the article that spoke to me too much, it was more of the comments on it.

They were hateful. Very hateful.

That article showed me that I need to get involved more with gay rights, so I've begun to volunteer my time for the Empire State Pride Agenda.

We need to fight, and do anything to gain equal rights.

Thanks
-Sean

2 comments:

Millie-jane said...

I don't know what its like to be shunned in society due to my mate. And I have no idea if I ever offended anyone accidnetally by it. I am a christian and know what the bible says, but I haven't felt as though I should be rude or mean to those who do their own thing. What business is it of ours?

I was reading in Corinthians with a guy at work and he freaked out about the male on male stuff. He was disgusted with it. BUT he has no problem hanging out with the guys who are living unwed with their girl friends.

I hate that there is a double standard out there. People pick and choose what they will accept, what they will make their business, and what they will choose to see as wrong.

Bah...

Go for it dude! :)

michelle said...

this makes me happy; more people need to get involved. i had a similar moment this week. although, ive been supporting the fight in my own way, i sometimes forget why when there are setbacks like ca, me and ny. i hope you enjoy the volunteering :)