Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Why I Don't Have the Winter Blues

(Hot Coco is one the many joys of the winter season)

A lot of people I know get the seasonal blues. The seasonal blues are when you begin to feel depressed and stressed with the coming of winter. Some scientist and psychologist say this may be because of the shorter days, lack of sun, and the feeling that there is no life (green space) around you.

I am somehow the opposite of this. I tend to thrive in winter. In the summer I'm usually frustrated at the intense heat and humidity that affects western New York (FYI; they call Buffalo the Miami of the north).  However, in the winter I'm usually active, cross country skiing, down hill skiing, sledding, ice skating, hiking, and rolling in the snow in an attempt to make a snow angel, which I typically fail at.

I don't know why I'm this way, I suppose its because in winter I feel that everything is quieter, and more peaceful.

How about you? How do you feel about winter and the seasonal blues?

0 comments: